In most cases tomato soup is made from Sunday broth with addition of tomato puree. But I decided to change it and to prepare the vegetarian tomato soup by using peeled canned tomatoes. I must confess that I usually avoid making this soup because I don’t like it… I prefer to use tomatoes in salads or in sauces. In this version of tomato soup I use vegetable stock as the base. Cooked vegetables will be used to decoration.
|Prep time||~10 minutes||Cook time||~1 hour 20 minutes|
- 1 can of canned tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 parsley
- 1 celery
- 4 potatoes
- 100 g of gnocchi pasta
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of colza oil
- 2 teaspoons of basil
- ¼ teaspoon of charlock
- ½ teaspoon of fenugreek
- 6 grains of allspice
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 teaspoons of dried tomatoes with herbs
- Thick cream 12%
- Salt & pepper
- Kitchen knife
- Cutting board
- Garlic press
A method of preparation
- Peel the carrots, celery, parsley and potatoes. Cut into halves, put in a pot and cover with water, and salt. Cook until softened.
- Cook pasta in accordance with instructions on the package.
- Take out the vegetables from soup and cut into cubes. Leave brewing for later.
- Mash the basil in a mortar to obtain finer leaves.
- Mash the charlock and fenugreek in mortar to obtain powder.
- Chop the onion and fry in olive oil. Add the allspice and bay leaf.
- Press 1 garlic clove through garlic press.
- Add canned tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Smash tomatoes into pulp during cooking. Then add the charlock and dried tomatoes with herbs.
- Then add the basil and add the vegetable brewing.
- At the end of the press the last garlic clove and add fenugreek.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange in the plate pasta, chopped potatoes, parsley, celery and carrots.
Finished! At the end decorate the soup with clotted cream 12%.
Enjoy your meal!